“You need to figure out how to study”. This was the overarching advice I constantly heard no matter who I spoke to in the medical field, whether it be current medical students, residents, or experienced attending physicians. I really thought nothing of the matter. ‘I know how to study. How tough can that be to figure out?’ I naively told myself. Fate would have a rude awakening for me once medical school started.
Join the Insider Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive MSI exclusives, news, and updates.
AACOMAS Active Learning AMCAS Anki Breaks Caribbean Clinical Experience Clinical Rotations Dual Degree Efficiency Essay Writing Extracurricular Activities Financial Aid High School Intern Interview Letters of Recommendation Lifestyle Major MCAT medical politics Medical School Application Mental Health Personality Personal Statement Pomodoro Preclerkship Reading Research Residency Scholarships Secondary Application Self-improvement Sleep Specialty Step 1 Step 2CK Undergrad Wellbeing
- 7 Ways to Maximize Your 20’s August 19, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the MD-PhD Degree August 17, 2018
- Healthcare Reform and Obamacare: What to Know for the Medical School Interview August 14, 2018
- Shadowing a Doctor 101 August 11, 2018
- How to Get into a Top Medical School August 6, 2018