Med School Insiders Balance & Wellness Scholarship
We want to reward students for managing stellar grades while also balancing their health, passions, and happiness.
$3000 of Med School Insiders services will be awarded to two students who share their experiences successfully balancing school and a healthy lifestyle.
As a premed, do you prioritize balance? Are you aware of and concerned about the consequences of burnout in medical students, residents, and practicing doctors? Have you worked hard to ensure each aspect of your life is optimized, including your studies, hobbies, family life, and health?
Burnout has reached epidemic levels. Studies indicate over 50% of medical trainees or doctors-in-practice have reported burnout. And beyond the physical and mental health risks burnout poses to health professionals, studies prove time and time again that performance is increased when hard work is balanced with intentional breaks, exercise, quality sleep, and passions outside of school and work.
At Med School Insiders, we’re passionate about helping students take a holistic approach to their education and lifestyle. We believe—and have seen the results for ourselves—that exercise, quality sleep, healthy eating, strong relationships, hobbies, and generally taking care of yourself leads to improved performance in your school and work life. When you take care of yourself, you perform better, and you’re also better equipped to take care of others.
Please carefully read all of the submission instructions, rules, and conditions below to ensure you are eligible.
How to Apply
To qualify for the Med School Insiders Balance & Wellness scholarship, complete the following steps:
- Create Your Video: Record a short video, lasting between 1 to 5 minutes, where you answer the following questions:
- How have you prioritized balance and wellness in your life?
- What have you learned that you believe will help other students? (For example,—but not a required format—what are your top 3 techniques for managing your physical and mental health?)
- Mention in your video you are participating in the Med School Insiders
- Balance & Wellness scholarship.
- Share on Social Media: Once you’ve crafted your video, share it on your Instagram, TikTok, and/or YouTube channel with the specifications explained below. We encourage you to share your thoughts on the subject of balance and wellness and get creative with your posts! The more social media channels you share your video on, the greater your chances. We are looking for authentic answers that will help other students balance their life, health, and studies.
- You must use your own legitimate social media accounts. These accounts must be public in order for us to verify your submission. Recently created accounts that do not have any activity are not eligible.
- Your post must remain public on your account(s) for at least 6 months.
- Tag and Hashtags: Ensure you tag Med School Insiders (@MedSchoolInsiders) in your social media post, and use both hashtags #MSIBalanceScholarship and #MedSchoolInsiders. This will help us find your post for eligibility.
- Send Us Your Video: Lastly, send us your video and URL to your social media post(s) to make sure we see your submission and have your contact details. You will need the following to complete the submission form:
- Your first and last name.
- Your school name and year
- URL(s) to where you have published the video.
- Your video file (up to 1 GB)
Rules and Restrictions
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Winners must use the scholarship funds within 2 years of receiving the scholarship.
- Winners can use the scholarship funds on any Med School Insiders services, including essay editing, exam tutoring, mock interviews, courses, and one-on-one advising.
- Premeds and medical students are eligible.
- Scholarship credits have no monetary value.
- Scholarship is not transferable to another student.
- By submitting your video, you give us permission to use it for similar announcements and future scholarship promotion. Your video may also be featured in future publications on the Med School Insiders YouTube channel.
- View the full list of Scholarship Conditions here.
Submission Deadline – CLOSED FOR 2023 – Check back here July 2024
This year’s scholarship will run until October 31, 2023, 11:59 PT. You can submit your video at any time before the scholarship deadline.
Make sure you give yourself enough time to create a compelling entry that truly reflects you and the work you’ve put into living a balanced, healthy life.
If the deadline has passed, be sure to check back next year, and follow us on social media for additional giveaways and scholarship announcements.
Winners will be announced in November, and you may begin signing up for services, including essay editing, exam tutoring, mock interviews, online courses, and one-on-one advising, any time after the announcement is made.
We will be in direct contact with the two scholarship winners via email, where we will provide details on how to redeem your scholarship award. Additionally, the winners will be publicly announced on the community posts of our YouTube channel, Instagram, and website.
We look forward to seeing the impact you make with your video. Thank you for helping us spread awareness of the importance of balance and wellness in the lives of students.
Best of luck to all applicants!
2023 Scholarship Winners
Carlos Gomez – Georgia State University
Julia Porter – Arizona State University
Congratulations to Carlos Gomez from Georgia State University and Julia Porter from Arizona State University, who each won $3000 to use on Med School Insiders services.