University of North Dakota School of Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences. To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
We ask that you be thorough but try to keep each answer to 1600 characters or less (not including spaces).
- Residency History: List each permanent residence starting with your place of birth
- The primary purpose of the UND SMHS is to educate physicians and other health professionals for subsequent service in North Dakota and to enhance the quality of life of its people. Given the purpose of the school, please explain how you do or will fulfill this mission.
- Describe your experience with life in a rural and/or Native American community.
- What are your career plans in the event that you are not admitted to medical school this year?
- What are your career plans in the event that you don’t ever get admitted to medical school?
- If needed, update the information in your AMCAS application (i.e., grades in recent courses, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation, additions to extracurricular activities, unreported legal and institutional infractions, etc.).
- Please see “Residency Preferences” on the UND SMHS Admissions website. Describe your ties to the state of North Dakota or how you qualify for the other residency groups described there.
- Are you an enrolled member of a U.S. federally recognized tribe? If yes, please describe your connection to this or other Native American communities. If no, you do not need to complete this question.
- Are you currently enrolled in a grant-funded and/or degree-granting post-baccalaureate program? If so, what is your timeline for completion?
UND SMHS REAPPLICANTS ONLY: When was your previous application, and, subsequently, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? Note any relevant academic, employment, clinical, and personal experience.
(1600 character limit not including spaces)
1. What do you consider to be your hometown? Explain
2. Given the purpose of the school, please justify why you should be accepted for admission.
3. Describe how your experiences (health care or social care) will help you develop into a compassionate physician.
4. Describe how familiar you are with life in a rural and/or Native American community.
5. Describe how you have contributed to your family or community.
6. What are your career plans in the event that you are not admitted to medical school: This year? Ever?
7. Describe your connection to the state of North Dakota. Minnesota applicants, describe your connections to your respective communities and/or to North Dakota.
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.