Texas Tech University Lubbock Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for Texas Tech University Lubbock School of Medicine. To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
1. As a medical school that is focused on primary care with some emphasis on rural health, we are interested in the areas our applicants are considering of practicing. Please indicate the area(s) of medicine you are interested in and briefly describe your significant activities for each respective interest. Please list them individually in a bulleted format in the text box provided below. If you are interested in something other than primary care, please indicate your interest in the OTHER category.
F-MAT (Family Medicine Acc. Track)
Practicing in an underserved area
Interested in rural health
2. List your activities (completed, current or planned) related to the selections made in question #1.
3. Have you experienced any academic road bumps in your academic career (low academic performance, dropping, retaking, or failing courses, etc.)? (Y/N)
4. If so, please explain your circumstance:
5. What do you like or dislike most about the area you are from; your hometown (500 words or less)?
6. In 500 words or less please describe what you would see as the “ideal” practice for you. (Where, type of practice — clinic, hospital, both, specialty, who would be your patients, etc.)
7. (Optional) If you are applying to the MD/MBA, MD/MPH, MD/PhD, JD/MD or FMAT program(s), please briefly describe your motivation to pursue this program and any other pertinent information. (e.g. research interests, steps taken to prepare yourself)
8. Please tell us about your favorite recreational/leisure activities (500 words or less).
9. Do you consider yourself from West Texas or as having West Texas ties?
10. Have you participated in any special programs offered by a medical school, to help prepare yourself for medical school and a career in medicine?
11. Are you applying to FMAT?
a. Marital Status
b. Town and State(s) you lived in from birth to age 18
c. Are you a current student of TTUHSC SOM?
d. What motivates you to participate in the FMAT program (300 words)?
e. What experiences have you had that would prepare you for this intensive program (300 words)?
f. What, in your opinion, distinguishes Family Medicine from other medical specialties (300 words)?
The secondary essay prompts from this medical school application cycle are the same as above.
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.