New York College of Osteopathic Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for New York Institute College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM). To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
about New York Institute College of Osteopathic Medicine
Secondary Deadline: 10 days after the secondary application is received
Secondary Fee: $80
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) is committed to training osteopathic physicians for a lifetime of learning and practice, based upon the integration of evidence-based knowledge, critical thinking, and the tenets of osteopathic principles and practice. We are also committed to preparing osteopathic physicians for careers in health care, including that in the inner city and rural communities, as well as to the scholarly pursuit of new knowledge concerning health and disease. We provide a continuum of educational experiences to NYITCOM students, extending through the clinical and post-graduate years of training. This continuum provides the future osteopathic physician with the foundation necessary to maintain competence and compassion, as well as the ability to better serve society through research, teaching, and leadership.
To advance patient-centered, population-based osteopathic health care through transformative education and illuminating research.
Most prompts have a 1,000 character limit.
1. Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education.
2. Describe an experience you had in interacting/relating with people whose backgrounds are different than your own. What did you learn from it? How did it change your perspective?
3. Describe a challenge you’ve faced and the steps you took to overcome it.
4. After residency, describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine.
5. How and where did you learn about NYITCOM? (250 characters max)
The secondary application essay prompts from this medical school application cycle are the same as above.
1. What NYITCOM campus/site are you interested in attending? (The NYITCOM Admissions Committee reserves the right to recommend the best campus fit for you based upon your complete application.):
2. Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education. (Max. 1,000 characters)
3. Please describe how your personal characteristics, experiences and skills will uniquely contribute to NYITCOM’s diverse learning environment and mission. (Max. 1,000 characters)
4. After residency, describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine. (Max. 1,000 characters)
5. Have you previously applied to NYITCOM?
6. If yes, what specific steps have you taken to strengthen your credentials for the current application year? (Max. 1,000 characters)
7. Do you have any immediate family members who have graduated from NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine?
8. If you do, please provide their name, relationship, and year of graduation from NYITCOM. (Max. 200 characters)
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.