Medical College of Wisconsin Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for Medical College of Wisconsin. To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
about Medical College of Wisconsin
Secondary Deadline: December 1, 2019
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Post Interview/Portal
We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
All prompts have a 2,000 character limit.
1. Explain how your unique background, identity, interests, or talents will contribute to the MCW learning community and how MCW will uniquely prepare you for your future goals.
2. Recount a time when you failed or made a decision you regret. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Describe your motivation for pursuing a primary care focused, community-based medical education program. Focus on how a MCW regional campus educational experience will prepare you for your unique future career in medicine. Include the influence of key experiences with rural or medically underserved communities.
4. MCW values the unique backgrounds and identities of our incoming students. Please indicate if any of the following apply to you. Check all that apply and please provide additional details.
- I belong to a race or ethnicity considered underrepresented in medicine.
- I identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or asexual (LGBTQIA) community.
- I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college (excluding siblings).
- I was born or grew up in a rural community.
- I come from an economically disadvantaged background.
- I attended an underperforming elementary, middle, or high school.
- My primary language is NOT English.
- I have overcome a significant hardship.
1. Explain how your unique background, identity, interests, or talents will contribute to the MCW learning community and how MCW will uniquely prepare you for your future goals. 3000 characters
2. Describe your motivation for pursuing a community-based medical education program and how it will prepare you for your future career in medicine. Identify experiences in which you have lived or otherwise interfaced with rural or medically under-served communities and how they have influenced you. 3000 characters
3. Describe the community in which you envision yourself ultimately living and practicing medicine. Address the benefits and challenges of life in your specified community. 1500 characters
4. Describe a time when you found a creative solution to a challenging or unfamiliar situation. Include what you learned from the experience. 2000 characters
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.