Louisiana State HSC Shreveport Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for Louisiana State University HSC School of Medicine at Shreveport. To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
about louisiana state university hsc school of medicine
Secondary Deadline: December 15, 2019
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
The primary mission of Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSUHSC-S) is to teach, heal, and discover, in order to advance the well being of the region and beyond. LSUHSC-S encompasses the Schools of Medicine, Graduate Studies, and Allied Health Professions in Shreveport. In implementing its mission, LSUHSC-S is committed to:
- Educating physicians, basic scientists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals based on state-of-the-art curricula, methods, and facilities, preparing students for careers in health care service, teaching and research.
- Providing state-of-the-art clinical care, including a range of tertiary special services, to an enlarging and diverse regional base of patients.
- Achieving distinction and international recognition for basic science and clinical research programs that contribute to the body of knowledge and practice in science and medicine.
- Supporting the region and the State in economic growth and prosperity by utilizing research and knowledge to engage in productive partnerships with the private sector.
- Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes mutual respect for all.
1. In the space provided, describe briefly your most fulfilling experience in each category (limit to 300 characters):
- Volunteer Work
2. On a separate sheet of paper, please detail any aspects of your background, education, upbringing, and/or experiences that you feel would add value to a medical school class and the field of medicine. Be sure your name is on the sheet. It is important that you avoid using proxies. For example, avoid simply stating that you grew up in a rural setting. Instead, explain what value your having grown up in a rural setting would add to a medical school class and the field of medicine.
There were no secondary application essay prompts during this application cycle.
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.