California Northstate University Secondary Essay Prompts
These are the secondary application essay prompts for California Northstate University College of Medicine. To put your best foot forward and maximize your chance of an interview invitation, visit our secondary application editing page.
Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM?
In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley? (250 words maximum)
[Required] What has been your biggest challenge in pursuing medicine? What have you learned as a result? (250 words maximum) Myself, sometimes you have to just perservere
[Required] In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade? (250 words maximum)
[Optional] If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (250 words maximum)
[Recommended] Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (250 words maximum)
1. If you were enrolled in less than 12 units/credits for more than 4 semesters/6 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation:
2. Please explain why you want to become a physician. Provide any experiences you had that have led you to this pursuit. (250 word limit)
3. In the current state of medical care, teamwork is critical for success. Please explain your understanding of what teamwork is; and identify your experiences of teamwork. (250 word limit).
4. In the medical profession you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues and patients from varying cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Please explain how diversity has played a role in your life and education, and how would you apply this to your profession? (250 word limit).*
5. Summarize information that may provide the Admissions Committee with a deeper understanding of your personal strengths and/or accomplishments not previously reflected in your AMCAS application. (250 word limit).*
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on the medical school’s website. Med School Insiders does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.