Join the Med School Insiders Team
About Med School Insiders LLC
Med School Insiders is a rapidly growing medical education admissions consulting and tutoring business. Our mission is focused on creating a generation of happier, healthier, more effective future doctors. To carry out this mission, the business has a social media arm and products arm.
Med School Insiders offers services and courses to serve our customers. Services include admissions consulting and tutoring for both premeds applying to medical school as well as medical students applying to residency. Services are carried out by our over 150+ Insiders who are current medical students and physicians. Our multimedia courses are wide ranging, including instruction for medical school and residency interviews, the premed years in college, and more.
Med School Insiders is looking for a Content Writer with prior experience writing educational content and is apt at incorporating engaging storytelling. Subject matter will be broad, primarily focusing on (1) self development/productivity and (2) premed undergrad and medical school. Our signature style cuts out fluff and focuses on concise, high-value information explained in a highly organized and easy-to-understand manner.
The company’s needs for content writing are broad, including blog posts, video scripts, and courses. Your particular areas of focus will be based on your aptitudes and skills, joining our team to work side by side with our other content creators and content writers.
You will be researching, writing, and revising scripts that are clear, compelling, accurate, and engaging. You should be able to juggle multiple ongoing projects at once, meet deadlines, research a variety of topics, and have a keen eye for accuracy and thoroughness.
You’ll be joining a small and passionate team of creatives led by Kevin Jubbal. You’ll work closely with Kevin and the creative team. The position is remote but applicants in the Pacific Time Zone are preferred, as social posts and interaction with the team will primarily occur between 9AM and 5PM Pacific Time.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, write, and revise long form content pieces in the forms of video scripts, newsletters, blog posts, or course modules
- Researching & finding new ideas for content for videos, newsletters & blog posts
- Creatively repurposing content across multiple social media platforms
We’re a diverse group at Med School Insiders. However, here’s a shortlist of the prominent attributes amongst the team:
- Integrity (keep your word and act from a place of sound principles)
- Empathy (keeping student success and experience front and center)
- Innovation (seeking opportunities to grow and improve, willingness to experiment with novel methods)
- Persistence (relentless in finding solutions)
- Adaptability (growth mindset)
- Diligence (meticulous with your actions and process)
- Engagement (invested in personal, company, and student success)
- Mastery (expertise in your area of specialization)
- Open (honest and direct communication and feedback is integral to our culture)
It’s a Good Fit If…
- You have 3+ years of experience writing long-form content (blogs, essays, etc.)
- You’re a self-starter, resourceful, and committed to “figuring it out”
- You’re committed to learning and expanding your skillset
- You prefer growing and improving over stagnating
- You’re a compassionate and effective communicator
- You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-managed
- You have the capacity to quickly learn organizational structure, objectives of the team, and execute on a vision