Join the Med School Insiders Team
Social Media Assistant
About Med School Insiders LLC
Med School Insiders is a rapidly growing medical education admissions consulting and tutoring business. Our mission is focused on creating a generation of happier, healthier, more effective future doctors. To carry out this mission, the business has a social media arm and products arm.
Med School Insiders has an industry-leading channel on YouTube with over 1 million subscribers and over 100 million views with growing presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
Med School Insiders offers services and courses to serve our customers. Services include admissions consulting and tutoring for both premeds applying to medical school as well as medical students applying to residency. Services are carried out by our over 150+ Insiders who are current medical students and physicians. Our multimedia courses are wide ranging, including instruction for medical school and residency interviews, the premed years in college, and more.
Med School Insiders is looking for a full-time Social Media Assistant with prior experience managing social media accounts for brands and/or creators. We are a small, high-performing and highly adaptable team that is focused on constantly growing. Much of this role requires an entrepreneurial mindset that can thrive and lead in a start-up environment. We are looking for a dynamic creative leader to identify, build, scale, optimize, and evolve a strategy across social media accounts that will drive new customers to the brand, improve customer retention, and increase revenue.
You will be asked to take a strong leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing the social media strategy and process for the company across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok. The goal with each piece of content is to provide genuine value to future physicians – not only in terms of study strategies and application tips, but also other interconnected elements of their lives such as time management or sleep, among others.
You’ll be joining a small and passionate team of creatives led by Kevin Jubbal. You’ll work closely with Kevin and the creative team. The position is remote but applicants in the Pacific Time Zone are preferred, as interaction with the team will primarily occur between 9AM and 5PM Pacific Time.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Repurpose hero content from YouTube videos, blog, and other primary content to be used on other social media platforms for both Kevin Jubbal, M.D. and Med School Insiders accounts
- Interact with audiences across social media accounts through commenting, responding to DM’s, and engaging with viewers
- Review, analyze, and improve social media content strategy to align with overall content and business objectives
- Manage content calendars for both Kevin Jubbal, M.D. and Med School Insiders (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok)
- Craft engaging captions with strategic use of hashtags and metadata
- Assist with repurposing video scripts as blog posts
- Moderating Discord and Facebook groups
We’re a diverse group at Med School Insiders. However, here’s a shortlist of the prominent attributes amongst the team:
- Integrity (keep your word and act from a place of sound principles)
- Empathy (keeping student success and experience front and center)
- Innovation (seeking opportunities to grow and improve, willingness to experiment with novel methods)
- Persistence (relentless in finding solutions)
- Adaptability (growth mindset)
- Diligence (meticulous with your actions and process)
- Engagement (invested in personal, company, and student success)
- Mastery (expertise in your area of specialization)
- Open (honest and direct communication and feedback is integral to our culture)
It’s a Good Fit If…
- You’re a self-starter, resourceful, and committed to “figuring it out”
- You’re committed to learning and expanding your skillset
- You prefer growing and improving over stagnating
- You have 2+ years of experience growing audiences and managing accounts on social media
- You’re a compassionate and effective communicator
- You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-managed
- You have the capacity to quickly learn organizational structure, objectives of the team, and execute on a vision